Inspect the CrystalBlast Nozzle
It is important to replace the sandcarving nozzle after it has worn 1/32”. Not only will the worn nozzle use more compressed air, but the abrasive will impact the part more aggressively. As the volume of air and abrasive increases, it will create additional wear on the blast hose too. The easiest way to know if your nozzle requires replacement is to keep a 1/8” drill bit nearby (or a 5/32” drill bit if your CrystalBlast was purchased with a 1/8” nozzle). If the drill bit fits into the blast nozzle, then it is time to replace the nozzle. Replacement is not mandatory but, a worn nozzle uses more compressed air and if the air compressor is marginal the machine controls will not operate properly unless 90 psi line pressure is maintained.
Replacing the CrystalBlast Nozzle
1. Always depressurize the pressure pot during any machine maintenance
2. To replace the blast nozzle, hold the Nozzle and Nozzle Holder in one hand
3. Hold the Blast Hose in the other hand
4. With your thumb and forefinger, press the End Ring of the Nozzle Holder towards the Nozzle
5. As you are pressing, pull the Abrasive Blast Hose the other direction using a twisting motion
6. The hose should release from the Nozzle Holder
Do not try to remove the nozzle from the nozzle holder. The nozzle holder is designed to be an integral part of the nozzle. Removal and re-installation of the nozzle in the nozzle holder may cause the nozzle to become a projectile. Injury may occur as a result. Dispose of the nozzle holder with the nozzle when the nozzle has worn out. For more information on replacing your CrystalBlast nozzle, don’t hesitate to contact IKONICS Imaging at (800)643-1037 or email email@example.com.