Keeping your CrystalBlast filter clean is the key to ensuring a longer lifespan for your sandcarving machine and a superior sandcarving experience overall. Our CrystalBlast Elite 3.0, CrystalBlast Pro 2.0, and CrystalBlast Summit sandcarving machines come standard with a pneumatic filter vibrator to help with this process.
In the following video and blog post we go over how, when, and why to use this essential tool to maintain your sandcarver’s efficiency. Let's explore the process and understand why this simple routine can make a significant difference in your sandcarving endeavors.
Understanding the Pneumatic Filter Vibrator
The pneumatic filter vibrator, present in our CrystalBlast Elite 3.0, CrystalBlast Pro, and CrystalBlast ProX2, plays a crucial role in keeping your filter clean. This device operates by concentrating the air from your compressor onto the filter, shaking off accumulated dust and debris. To effectively use the pneumatic filter vibrator, follow these steps:
- Start of the Day: To ensure that all the air from your air compressor is focused on the filter make sure the light/dust collector blower are off.
- Operate the Vibrator: Turn on the pneumatic filter vibrator and let it run for 1 to 2 minutes. During this time, the vibrator shakes the filter, causing the dust to fall into the dust hopper below.
- End of the Day: Before leaving for the evening, make sure to turn off and drain your air compressor. Draining the tank prevents moisture buildup, allowing the air filter to dry overnight. Dry dust is easier to remove, ensuring effective cleaning the next morning.
PHOTO: The photo on the left shows the condition of a new filter cartridge. The only time your filter will look like this is when you first install it. The middle photo shows a typical seasoned filter that was just cleaned (this filter is about one year old). A "seasoned filter" just means that it is well maintained. The photo on the right shows a clogged filter. This can be caused by wet air or by not operating the filter vibrator cleaning cycle enough.
Why Cleaning Your CrystalBlast Filter Daily is Crucial
Regularly cleaning your sandcarver's filter on a daily basis is essential for several reasons:
- Prevents Clogging: Dust accumulates throughout the day and can clog the filter, affecting the sandcarving process. Cleaning daily ensures optimal airflow, preventing clogs and maintaining consistent performance.
- Avoids Damage: Dust buildup on the filter can become compacted and harden over time. This can lead to the filter becoming top-heavy, potentially sagging and creating a slight gap between the metal frame of the dust collector housing and the rubber seal. If there is a gap, dust may seep into critical components, causing damage to the motor overtime and get into the impeller/blower housing.
- Extends Filter Lifespan: Regular cleaning using the pneumatic filter vibrator can significantly extend the lifespan of your filter, saving you money on replacements and ensuring the longevity of your sandcarver.
Incorporating the use of the pneumatic filter vibrator into your daily sandcarving routine is a simple yet crucial step in maintaining the efficiency and longevity of your CrystalBlast sandcarving machine. By dedicating just a few minutes each morning to clean your filter, you can prevent clogs, avoid potential damage, and extend the lifespan of your filter.
For any questions about this feature or other technical tips, feel free to reach out to us via our contact page or call our technical support line at 1-800-643-1037. Have a blast with your CrystalBlast sandcarver!